Saturday, November 28, 2009

Concealer making face appear oily?

I use this type of concealer (I suppose it's concealer I dunno exactly) made by Wet n' Wild called Cover All. It's like a little stick thingie that kind of looks like lipstick except it's used to cover and hide imperfections and things of that nature. I have been using it for about 2 or 3 weeks now to cover up some bad spots on my face (from acne mostly) and every single time I put it on, about an hour later my face appears VERY oily. I sometimes have to pat my face down with a paper towel to remove the oil, but it comes back in no time. This is of course a problem and makes me look horrible. Is there any way I can prevent this and still use the product? Do all concealers do this? I really like the product other than this problem.Concealer making face appear oily?
try bare minerals by bare escentuals. you can use the foundation to conceal trouble spots, then use over the whole face to even out your skin tone. this make-up works for all skin types, and doesn't clog pores. wet n'wild probably makes you break out even more.Concealer making face appear oily?
Wet'n'Wild is good for pencils but when it comes to foundation or concealer I highly suggest you use a better brand because with makeup you truly get what you pay for. I know that Covergirl and Almay makes good foundations also.





Is your skin oily by nature and the concealer is making it worse? Or is it the concealer that is making your skin appear greasy? If you have oily skin it is important that you use products made for oily skin and are oil-free to avoid any future breakouts. Anything with spf will also make face appear shiny because it is light reflective. But sunscreen is a must therefore you could try powder sunscreen by colorscience.





I highly recommend you try using Bare Escentuals mineral makeup because it is 100% minerals with a natural spf.





Try using oil blotting papers instead of a paper towel to blot your face. Hope this helps
Wet 'n Wild is a horrrrrrrible brand of makeup! It's cheap and the products are made from cheap stuff as well. Their concealer is more than likely oil based. Try switching to a new concealer that's oil-free. Jane cosmetics makes one that's nearly as inexpensive in a squeeze tube that I love. Cover girl also makes some good ones. If you want to go a little mroe expensive, I LOVE Mary Kay's oil free concealers!
The concealer is not the problem. You need to attack your oily skin aggressively. While many say that soap and water are counterproductive...try using three times a day...and lay off the make-up for awhile. REMEMBER... You see yourself much less kindly than others do. If you are clean and smell lovely... and have a wonderful smile and joy in other people... you will be beautiful! Hugs, Gina C. p.s. Wet and wild is VERY cheap make-up. Try CoverGirl or L'Oreal. They are fairly inexpensive and have better ingredients.
I would use a powder concealer over it to reduce shine and to blend in the stick concealer. This is a 2 in 1 deal. It works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan