Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How do you feel about green concealers (to counteract redness)?

Do they really work?


Does the green show?


Any favorite brands or special techniques?





Thanks guys!How do you feel about green concealers (to counteract redness)?
Yes it works. Also yellow hides undereye circles. Get quality. I like Lancome. They'll show you how to use it.How do you feel about green concealers (to counteract redness)?
I can't imagine that they are somehow miraculous, as then they would have gained more of a loyal following. I doubt that having green concealer is any better than having the standard kind.
A brand called Physicians Formula makes this. They're a great brand, so it might work.





You'll find this in any drugstore/target..





Good Luck
I used that brand and thought it worked great. I just apply a small bit and blend it in and cover with foundation. The green will not show after you put your foundation on but make sure that you blend evenly to keep the makeup from looking too heavy in some areas. Yes it really works because green is opposite of red on the color wheel, so they cancel each other out.
yes physicians formula is kind of cheap, but it prob would work if you used the green concealer then ur regular concealer on top and finish with some translucent powder
I never had any luck with them and I have tried several brands. But that's just me. Give it a shot...nothing to lose!
All I know is that my sister in law had a really bad sunburn once and she used it, dont know what brand, and it really worked for her. It toned it down sooo much.
For blemishes, a skin colored concealer is really a better bet. For large areas of redness, such as rosacea or a large birthmark, green concealer can be quite effective. It is meant to be a neutralizer, and should not be worn alone (or the green would be slightly evident). It should be applied to the areas of redness and followed with normal application of foundation on top. I am partial to MAC green color corrector. It blends well and really neutralizes red without being heavy.
I have really pink skin. If my foundation won't cover it, I haven't picked the right foundation. I use virtual matte by prescriptives and love it. I also love Aveda dual performance. Great coverage and easy. I gets lots of compliments on my skin.
I have red skin due to rosacea. So one day I opened the Eucerine redness relief at the drugstore to see what color it would look on my skin. I put some of the foam into my palm and found a mirror and proceded to apply it to my skin. It was a bad day as far as my redness. It was really noticable that day. I put the foam on and before my eyes the red completely vanished. I couldn't believe it!!!!! But the stuff is pricy....$14.99 for one bottle. You can go onliine at www.eucerine .com and under Redness Relief they will send you a sample so you can see how it looks before you but it. WHy don't you do that? I think it gives a nice almost waxy glow to the skin. So now everyone says what beautiful skin I have!!!!!!!!!!It's really not, it just looks that way because of the Redness Relief!
Yes they do work if you get a good quality brand such as BeautiControl. I am a consultant and have several clients who absolutely love ours. Feel free to email me for more info at caraco514@yahoo.com
I never owned one but my mom once told me a funny story. She had a friend that had green concealor or eye shadow in a tube like a lipstick. They were in the car and it was dark and by the time they got to the bar they wanted to go to, my mom turned to look at her friend and she had GREEN lips!!!! She had mistakenly grabbed the tube of green stuff (thinking it was her lipstick). Moral of the story: don't apply makeup in a dark car without using a mirror at least!
They work, but be sure to get a good quality brand. I've tried the cheaper brands and it's harder to blend into your skin, so the green shows after your other makeup wears off.
i have a green concealer. it works pretty well, if u just use a little bit. then dab(don't rub) some foundation over it to cover the green. here's a kind to try: Physicians Formula Wanderful Wand.


good luck!
  • medium length hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    trojan